Z Cars Racing on track in 2017 with MSVR
Z Cars Racing has been developed as a collaboration between MSVR and Gary Feakins Racing (GFR) to cater for the needs of all drivers - from the aspiring novice, to the experienced racer looking for a new challenge.
The BMW Z3 offers a budget friendly entrance in to motorsport as a first time race car, or a fun, light weight and sporty alternative to other entry level club series for the experienced driver. The Z3 in race trim produces circa 150bhp from a 1.9 litre 4 cylinder engine, and weighs in at just under 1050kg.
The Z4 with it's circa 250bhp 3.0 litre 6 cylinder engine, limited slip differential and weight in the region of 1150kg is a fun and modern looking sports car. The performance and driving experience of the Z4 is aimed towards those more seasoned racers looking to take a step up to the next level of club racing, or enjoy budget conscious sports car racing where driver skill and ability will shine through.
- Limited modifications, and mandatory fitment control parts to ensure a balance of car performance.
- Extensive body-shell preparation such as under-body sealant removal is prohibited, promoting a straight forward DIY build.
- Weld-in Custom Cages Roll cage and bespoke seat mounts to ensure the highest level of safety possible.
- Race engines are prohibited, sealed engines to standard specification only.
- Closely monitored driving standards by a panel of experienced racers to ensure clean, close but fair racing.
- Strict technical scruitineering to ensure parity between competing cars and promote Z Cars Racing as a true 'drivers formula'.
- 6 round series commencing in May 2017, with 15 minute qualifying and 2x 15 minute races and Brands GP with 15 minute qualifying and 2 15 minute races.
- Z Cars class within MSV Track Day Championship featuring a 30 minute qualifying and a longer 45 minute race with mandatory 2 minute pit-stop, allowing a two driver entry.
- Under-21 awards at each round for 16-21 year old drivers.
- Driver sponsor/media training course included FOC for all 2017 entrants to help develop a career in motorsport.
Contact us for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org